Friday, April 8, 2011

If I were to beat someone up...


It would be mother nature! I am SO SICK of snow. There were a couple of days last week that were really nice I went out walking and got my first sunburn of the season and and loved it! Eli even got a little tan on his nose! For those of you still praying for moisture, please stop. We have enough.

It has been fun getting to know our new neighbors and people in our ward. I don't think we could have landed in a better place! Within five minutes of pulling up the moving truck, there were lots of men (and some women!) over here helping us move in. For the first 5 or 6 nights we were here we had a treat every night. People just kept showing up! Everyone here is so nice!

Now that we are settled we are officially ready for visitors - we have three guest bedrooms and a gigantic family room, so come one come all!!! Plus Logan has Aggie Ice Cream.... mmmmm

Some of you know it has been a really hard adjustment for me to go from working to staying home. But I am starting to find things to do and ways to keep busy. I planted some vegetables (some are starting inside - until after the last frost) and have been painting a lot! Now that Eli is getting a little older and can entertain himself for a few minutes at a time, I have started reading again - oh how I missed it! I am reading "Those who love" It's the story of John and Abigail Adams (John as in President Adams). It's awesome.

Now on to the important things... Eli is walking! He will not walk on command, and when he wants to get somewhere quick, he always drops to his knees and crawls - but he is walking! Here he is checking himself in the mirror before church! He is the best.

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Eli looks so much like you! I can't get over it. (and I'm a little jealous since Olivia looks nothing like me)
I looooved when Olivia learned to walk;she was so much less dependent on me to entertain her because she was so involved in her new skill! Church will get (even more) interesting, though!
:)

Colleen said...

That is definitely a child of Spencer! I think you're going to have a fun kid on your hands! Sorry about the hard adjustment, just have another baby! It will take keep you too busy to remember what personal time was!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

ELI IS SUCH AN ADAMS!!!! Holy molie!

And I can't believe he is walking already. Time is flyinG!!!!

Emily said...

i'm SO glad you guys have settled in and love it there (minus the snow). we'd come and visit in a heartbeat if we were closer... someday :)