I love this time of year. Oh how great. Here are the top ten reasons I'm excited for cougar football this year.
1. Something called the cougar tail brat. What might that you be you ask...well let me tell you. First the cougar tail is a 2 foot long maple bar. Delicious. And a brat is a brat. So apparently you mix them. Can't wait. No longer will I have to wait to eat maple bar then brat, maple bar then brat.....
2. I haven't had an old man tell me to sit down in over 8 months. Unless you count when my dad told me to sit down last week at dinner! haahhahah take that old man!!!
3. The smell of sticky food, calories, fat, sweaty men and musk for men. Strangely intoxicating.
4. Once again deceiving myself by truly believing that this year I'll make Erin see the beauty of college sports.
5. College Game Day. Ryan I expect you to be at my place every Saturday morning at eight. I'll supply lunch and if it's a particularly great day of football I'll go halfsies with you on dinner.
6. Watching my dad wear a "salmon color" shirt to every game. Even after we've been repeatedly asked to wear dark blue. He is the former cougar club president.
7. Cougar football is the only time a man can cry and every other man around him will not only come to comfort you, not be ashamed and will probably be crying also.
8. I get to sit around with Jethro and relive his high school football stories. Though they are good for anytime of the year. Curse you Badger!!!!!!!!
9. I get to yell "MOON PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
10. I once again see that true, real, hardcore fanatics kind of creep me out.
I'm so happy it's here. We will win every game this year and if we don't I promise to find a scape goat.


5 comments:
Somehow I have missed Jethro's football highlights...
You boys and your stupid football... I'm kinda dreading this season already, I'll be honest. Sepncer have fun, Erin - I guess we'll just have to mourn together
i'll be honest: i don't enjoy FB, but i enjoy something about every "reason" :)
Im going to have to agree, I love you Spencer, but I can think of about a billion things I am more excited about, getting a root canal is one of them.
You bunch of silly women. I bet you weren't complaining when Spencer joined you at your stapler cozy craft class! Val on the other hand has rearranged her schedule to watch the opening game next weekend! Maple bratt here we come!
Post a Comment